Skip to main content

THRISSUR POORAM-TIPS AND TRICKS

It’s that time of the year. Thrissur pooram is just few days away. So the regular go’ers will be excited about it. And for the beginners, read my full article about Thrissur pooram.  M sure u will be excited to visit this year. Here is the link.
Thrissur pooram main festival this year is on 29th of april 2015
Some tips and tricks to be used for the pooram.
1) Book your hotels n train tickets at the earliest. M sure the train n hotels are full already. Contact the local Thrissur guys who are reliable and get them to book a room for u.
2) Pack lots, aha, less clothes. The must have ones are 2- 3 white dhotis, ganjis, goggles, sun screen lotion and a pair of flip flops. It will be so hot n humid that it’s not advisable to wear shoes or loafers. Dhoti makes it cooler for the balls hanging down n also easier for the penetrating hands around you while white dhoti should attract lot of eyes. (buy dhotis smartly :P )
3)Plan ur trip so that you will reach Thrissur by 29th april 8am. Get freshened up n start by 10am to the temple. The main procession and the other ones will be going on. So you can visit them. N more guys come early morning before it gets too sunny.
4) Don’t drink any water other than bottled mineral water. U don’t wanna catch loose motions n spoil ur trip.
5) Eat light and drink water/ juices well. U will need to keep up ur energy till 3am night as the festival proceedings happen for a very long time.
6) When in the cruising area, follow few rules. Don’t ever abandon ur friends and go alone with some other guy. Make sure to inform him if u r going. Don’t ever approach mallu guys who r in groups. They pretend to be homophopic when they r with their friends n they will get violent sometimes too.
7) Don’t miss…I am stressing it. DON’T MISS THE FIREWORKS AT   3am ON 30TH APRIL. It’s the best fireworks in whole india I suppose. So many fire crackers pierce the sky. N the bombs that explode will tear ur ears apart. No IMAX or full volume digital sound can give u such experience. See it first-hand.
8) On 30th april, by afternoon, u can plan to visit guruvayoor temple which is just 2hours from Thrissur. It’s another nice place to visit.
9) Enjoy to the core, but be safe.
10) help to maintain the city clean.

Comments

  1. Hi. I am really new to reading blogs. I just came across your blog, liked it so much, that I would like to add myself to it or subscribe to it. How do I do it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THRISSUR POORAM: Every gay's dreamland

it was a last minute decision which took me to thrissur. my friend told me about the amazing things that happen in thrissur during pooram on wednesday, so i planned the trip on thursday. friday night i was on my trip to pooram. did i say amazing things??? well it sure was amazing, mind blowing. DAY 1 : i reached thrissur early morning saturday. i met my other friends there who came from bangalore and we all booked a room in hotel. mind you, its very very costly in thrissur during pooram. the hotel rates reach sky. so better book your rooms in advance. 1st we decided to visit the temple as we would get kinky and dirty with the guys. the main deity of the city, vadakkunathan temple is situated right in the centre of the city and it covers almost 100acres. every vehicle, ever person has to cross this temple if he has to travel in the city anywhere and thats intersting planning of the city. the programmes had already begun. a set of devotees beat the drum {chande} infront of the temp

My trip to goa

It all started very randomly. An unknown guy sent me a friend request in facebook. I just accepted him without knowing anything about him. But we both had mutual friends who were gays too. So i assumed that he s also a gay. His name is Rajeev. Later we chatted and I got to know that he works in some central government company in some unknown village of Tamilnadu. But his native is Bangalore. We chatted a lot in facebook. General stuff, sexual stuff etc etc. So we became close to each other. Since we both were interested in travelling, we both decided to go on a holiday trip to some nearby place. We decided to meet in Pondicherry but that didn’t work out. At last we settled on for Goa. Let me remind u all, we hadn’t met till then. We met only in the Bangalore bus station before leaving to Goa. !!! We reached Goa on Thursday morning by 9.30am. We went to calangute and got into a lodge. Then we rented a bike for travelling. Since the trip was planned a week earlier, I had chatte

WEEKEND FUN IN BANGALORE

So let me tell u all something about my birthplace. The GREEN CITY, SILICON CITY, METROPOLITAN CITY etc etc. BANGALORE is famous for many things. It, being the capital of Karnataka and one of the metropolitan city, has grown larger day by day. I’m proud to say that I’m a Bangalorean. But unfortunately {or fortunately} I’m studying in Mysore. Mysore is also famous for many things. Mysore palace, KRS, dasara festival, the heritage city. But after all, it is a small city. Why I call it a small city is ‘cos there is not much night life in this city. People here prefer to sleep by 9pm. So u won’t find much humans on the road after 9pm. So obviously the young blood of mysore needs night life. So you can see most of the guys in Bangalore during the weekends. Me and my friend often come to Bangalore during weekends to party, roam, meet guys. Though my parents stay in Bangalore, when I come to Bangalore for the weekend fun,  I don’t inform them n I’ll stay in a lodge. In Bangalore ther